1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with my fisher mm1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PlowFan1234, Jan 19, 2009.

1. PlowFan1234

PlowFan1234 Junior Member

few days ago we had a snow storm in ct, i run a fisher mm1 strait blade on a 94 f250xlt big block, i made a pass with the blade down and when i went to raise it it moved slowly then dropped it an try'd to raise it again but didn't move, but thing is the motor sounded as if it was moving the plow but it wasn't moving the plow maybe a inch if that, so we checked the plugs an control let it sit and still didn't work, then when i went to put the joystick in the up spot on the controller the motor got stuck an i had to unplug it for it to stop. not sure whats wrong with it, checked the fluid its full. any help would be awesome any questions id be glad to answer
  2. Corelli

Corelli Junior Member

not sure if this is your problem but according to the owner's manuals... if the motor gets stuck on it's generally a sign of a bad motor relay.

just my two cents.
  3. JD-ME

JD-ME Junior Member
    from Maine

Check for frozen water in the system

When is the last time you changed the oil in the pump? I had a similar problem last year, and it turned out there was enough water in the system to freeze in the lines or in the bottom of the pump. Try warming up the pump, and if it starts to work, I'd suggest flush and refill the entire system with new hydraulic oil.
  4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah you froze up. Drain all fluid and replace it fisher fluid
  5. PlowFan1234

PlowFan1234 Junior Member

it wasn't any of that, i guess it was the plug connected to the truck goin to the toggle control in the truck going to replace that and in hopes it is that if its not then good lord help us all lol