1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with my first Boss?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by kawahl101, Oct 10, 2008.

1. kawahl101

kawahl101 Junior Member

I have finally retired my Dodge/Hiniker set up and purchased a F350 CrewMax 6.8L. I am going to get a VXT Steel but I don't know what I don't know! I have a 1800' stone driveway in Western New York and that will be what the plow is used for mostly. The dealer recommends the 8.2 yet what I read in the forums seems to suggest the 9.2. The plow will be installed on Tuesday so I have some time to make the right decision. Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If your just doing your driveway go with the 8.2 it will work just as good.

3. kawahl101

kawahl101 Junior Member

Thanks Grandview!

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

thats a hell of a plow for your driveway. the 8.2 will definitely get the job done with no reason to even look at the 9.2 for that application. let us know how it turns out

5. kawahl101

kawahl101 Junior Member

I'm sure that it is probably overkill, but the Dodge/Hiniker set up make winter a mess for me. The Hiniker was a 8' straight blade that seemed to always be pushing me off the driveway when I hit a substantial drift which I have allot of. I am excited to go right down the middle with the V and clean up afterwards. I have a 8' blower for my Deere and I'm hopping I won't even need to use it this year!

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you plow in v position have the wings extend out a little to open up a bigger path. Sometimes if you have a lot of snow and use the v the snow will fill in behind the plow and when you try to back upit will get caught behind the wings.

7. kawahl101

kawahl101 Junior Member

Thanks Grandview, or should I say Neighbor! I just looked at your location and I own a house in Lancaster. That's the kind of help that will make a big difference for me! Thanks again!