1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with MVP wiring parts 1995 Chevy 3500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by simply_peter, Nov 1, 2008.

1. simply_peter

simply_peter Member
    from Iowa

I have a ultramount MVP plow and I want to hook it up to my 1995 Chevy 3500.

Can anyone help me identify the parts I need. I ran Western quick match and it shows 3 port isolation module model 29070 or 29060 and headlamp harness 29051. I think I need a few more parts than this, but not sure how to tell what I need. Can anyone help?

Will isolation modules work from other years? Do all MVP plows use an isolation module or is it just the newer plows?

Thanks!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You currently have no truck side wiring components at all? So you basically need everything, correct?

How many connector plugs are on the plow...two or three?

3. simply_peter

simply_peter Member
    from Iowa

I have all the connections for a ford F250. I have the 4 port isolation module and all the wiring. I have a ford excursion and a chevy work truck. I am planning to use the wires I have on the excursion as a backup and use the work truck as the primary plow truck.

The plow has 3 connector plugs. Looks like lights, power, and solenoids.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you have all the truck side wiring, but its simply for a different truck then all you need is the correct headlight plug in harness and the correct Iso module for the GM application, since your current Iso module isn't compatible with the '95 GM either.

So basically your 3 port Iso module and light harness part numbers that you checked into are correct and complete for your 2B style headlamps.