1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help With Mounting

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dieselpusher, Nov 28, 2006.

1. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

hey everyone.
    im new here so lemme give this a shot

i got a 89 GMC jimmy fullsize with a 7'6" western older cable style pump. i want to convert that plow onto my current 89 for bronco theres a problem. the gmc frame is narrower than the bronco by about 3-4 inches. i cannot locate a mount for it so i want to modify the one i have. dont get me wrong im a very good welder/fabricator. would it be better for me to cut the pump frame in half bolt each side on then weld in new angle iron where it was spread apart OR to mount the frame on the inside of the rails and make 2" spacers to even it out.

all suggestions are appreciated.
    thanks alot
    Sean

2. Trueduelz

Trueduelz Junior Member

I work for a company that has 19 plow trucks and i have seen plows moved truck to truck .there was such a case where we did add spacers and it worked just fine. we thought of hacking the plow apart but wanted to try the lesser of the 2 evils. That truck has seen 3 winters and still plows like a champ when it wants to F---ing start! good luck brother-

3. Trueduelz

Trueduelz Junior Member

By the way tie the mount together on the back side if possible. when the plow is raised up against a firm pile of snow we had some twisting problems and angle iron across the back did the trick to keep it straight. unless your going to use solid 2" tubing and run that down the side of the mount and frame

4. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Add the spacers. trust me, it is easier.:D

5. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

haha okay but its such a big spread between frame and truck like 5" each side how do you make your spacers