1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with mounting Myers plow on ford

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by greendog, Aug 10, 2007.

1. greendog

greendog Junior Member

I’m looking to put a Myers 6' 5" poly plow on a 98 ford Ranger.

Where do I find the mounting brackets or undercarriage for my truck and plow?
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Welcome to PlowSite!
    Central Parts Warehouse may have the truck side mount. Your going to pay a bit for it.
    Try calling junk yards around you. Some can even put it on a network of junk yards to see if one has it. Try the used equipment forum, there may be one still available from an old post. That is a mount that's hard to find. I plowed with a Bronco II for 4 years. It took me all summer to find all the parts. I had a S10 mount modified to fit the Bronco II. It had to have new bumper tabs and braces welded on to make it work. Make sure you bolt the mount on with grade 8 bolts. You can get them at industrial fastener supply places much cheaper then a Meyer dealer. You also need to add the biggest battery that will fit on the tray and at least a 100 amp alternator to make the truck usable. Most Rangers have a 60 amp alternator which will not keep up with the demands of a plow pump, lights and low speed work.