1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with mounting controller!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mossyoak2115, Jan 8, 2015.

1. mossyoak2115

mossyoak2115 Junior Member

Is there anyone out there who can give me a tip on how to mount the rocker box switch controller for a RTII straight blade Boss plow? I need to figure something out because it is a huge pain! I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and I'll attach a pic of my controller. Thank you in advance!

STB3124-Rocker-Switch-Control-Straigh.jpg

2. aclawn

aclawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

See this help you>
    https://www.bossplow.com/content/servicecenter/documents/rtii_assembly_manual.pdf

3. gmcsirrra

gmcsirrra Member
    from maine

I have a fisher hand held controller but it came with a mounting bracket I used scotch heavy duty fasteners because I didn't want to drill screws through my dash board its almost like velcro but a lot stronger and the back side of it is stickier than regular Velcro works good ill try to post a pic maybe it will help you

4. gmcsirrra

gmcsirrra Member
    from maine

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

5. gmcsirrra

gmcsirrra Member
    from maine

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

That controller runs a RT2 Boss Straight plow

8. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

If you can do some light welding or know a fab welder some tubing off old tread mills will set you up right. This is my old F-250, ok for some reason I can repost the photo. If you like check out post 1312 in the what did you do today thread.

9. Antlerart06

Say if you have a arm rest type console with cup holder you could make one like mine to hold your controller

1212141725a.jpg

10. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Lets try again

My mount
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. gmcsirrra

gmcsirrra Member
    from maine

no I posted a pic showing you how I mounted my plow controls so maybe you could get an idea on how to mount yours

12. Antlerart06

Ok but did you see how big his controller is Its a Box with 2 rocker switches

13. jonniesmooth

jonniesmooth Senior Member

controller mount

I have the same controller for my RT2 Boss V=plow. On my 1995 F-250 I used a flooor flange for the base (screwed into the trans hump) and pipe to get the height I wanted, Then put on another 4" floor plate. To that I cut a piece of flat steel, bent the sides up, drill the holes to attach the switch box. Bolt the mount to the pipe base then attach the switch box to the bracket. I'll see if I can get a photo

14. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

That was my exact set up I ran when I had my 4700,sweetest setup ever! Got an automatic now,wish I could come up with something that works on a column shifter,tried switching to my left hand,seemed weird though.:dizzy:

15. jonniesmooth

16. jonniesmooth

controller mount photos

My wife showed me how to re size the photos. Let's see if it worked

controller mount 1.jpg

controller mount 2.jpg

controller mount 3.jpg

17. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Holy molly,you keep livestock in that truck when not plowing lol,needs some interior detailing!

18. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Here is mine,fits right in the cup holder for ease of removal.

download-2.jpeg

download-4.jpeg

19. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

[​IMG]

Mines removable as well and its only a flat piece of aluminum that sits in the seam in the center console. Never moves on me when in use too I love it.

20. scottr

scottr Senior Member

One more idea to toss into the ring, I build this console with integrated controls for the blizzard 810 and rear drag plow. Just another idea to toss into the pot so you can make some soup Thumbs Up

image.jpg