1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with mount for 1999 GMC dump

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by SullivanSeptic, Dec 18, 2014.

1. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I have a 1999 GMC dump truck that is 2wd and has the 6.5 diesel motor. I am looking to get a mount on it. I have a western ultramount plow. Has anyone been able ot make something work? Even a unimount set up with the adapter bracket? Any help is appreciated

2. Doughboy12

Doughboy12 PlowSite Fanatic

Look at your same question in the other area...bad practice to double post. It fragments your reply's.
    HERE

3. SullivanSeptic

Well aware of it. Thanks tho

4. SullivanSeptic

So has anyone done a mount on one? I am gonna cut and weld the crap out of something here soon. Just wondering if anyone has experience with it before I do.

5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

C3500 Mount

Try calling Western at 414-716-3300 and ask their Technical Assistance people if they ever had a mount for this application. Fisher had a 7144 Mount for those 2WD 3500 HD trucks so you would figure Western would also seeing how they are the same ownership. It's worth a shot anyways.