1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with motor

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by draggin85s10, Jan 28, 2009.

1. draggin85s10

draggin85s10 Junior Member
    from pa

hey wuz up im new to this plow stuff so bare with me. the bolt you put the power wire to the motor broke and i was wondering if there is anyway to replace that with out getting a whole new motor. the motor was working fine but my dad i guess tightened the nut to much and broke it now we have no power. another thing a guy told me all the motor is is a ford starter. is that true and if it is do you know what model. thanks for the help.

2. goose311

goose311 Junior Member

what kind of plow? i had the same problem and had to replace the motor it just got deliveried today i got mine from angelos real good price

3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

stud

any electric motor rebuilding shop that rebuilds starter's and alternator's should be able to replace the stud .

4. draggin85s10

draggin85s10 Junior Member
    from pa

ok thanks guys thats probably what im going to do take it to a repair shop. my friend knows a guy that repairs starters just wanted to make sure you could do that. and the plow is an older style cable unit