1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with module wiring

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 04Silverado, Nov 25, 2012.

1. 04Silverado

04Silverado Junior Member
    from Maine

I had a plow on my 01 Dakota and upgraded to an 04 Silverado 1500. The Isolation module is a 4 port and the headlight harness is different. The tag is white on the module. Do I need to replace the module and get new headlight harness for this too work? I only use the plow for my personal driveway so if I can get it too just work the plow I am OK with just the truck headlights as I don't tend to drive around with the plow on anyway.

Thanks for the help

2. 04Silverado

04Silverado Junior Member
    from Maine

Never mind I got the plow working. Would like to know about the right module for though

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

in the 4port module style, the 03-06 chevy would have used the green label one. but if you end up buying module and h/l harness you would want to go with the newer 3port version now.

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Never had a problem yet using any module on any truck the white do not support drl is all.

5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

what if you use the green label on a truck that called for the white label? if that works fine, then why wouldn't Western have just used the green one for everything?

6. brad96z28

I have been wondering that for years but luckilly most people and dealers have caught on to that gimmick by now. Local dealer hass two 3 port white in stock and 50 green.

7. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

holy crap. now he should try to figure out how to get rid of them.

8. brad96z28

Bet he sells the 50 green before the 3 white.

9. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

and I'll bet he'll never sell them. they rarely go bad, and anybody who needs module and h/l harness to wire a truck would buy 3port now.

10. brad96z28

Thats is what I am talking about. There all 3 port now. I dont think i have seen a 4 port module at a dealer for years now.

11. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

uhhh ok , my bad I missed where you slipped in that you were talking about 3 port instead of 4 port. completely different deal. we were talking about that if the Green label 4 port works fine in place of the white label 4 port, then why didn't Western/Fisher just put the green label 4 port in all the old 4 port kits.

12. brad96z28

I dont know But ive done it plenty of times. Works fine.

13. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

cool Brad, thanks!