1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with MM Plow !

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bowtieguy, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Bowtieguy

Bowtieguy Member
    from CT

Ok, I just pruchesed a 2000 chevy 2500. It's all set up for a MM plow. I purchased a MM1(its a 2 wire) from the same guy. (dealer) He told me the plow will hook right up. However today i am gettig it all hooked up and the plug to the plow lights and hydros will not match up with the plug on the truck! The plug on the plow is # 8246. It looks like the pins are off just a tad. Also the fishstick doesnt light up when try to turn it on. I don't know if the plow has to be all connected first or what? I am new to the MMs as i always had a old speedcast. Is there an adapter? Any help is appreciated!!
    Thx

2. Bowtieguy

Bowtieguy Member
    from CT

Update... i am still messing with this but i think the truck is wired for a 3 wire. I have battery plug in grill, i have a 9 pin connector in grill, and what i thought was just a cover is a 3 pin male connector coming from grill. If my truck is wired for a 3 wire plow can i make it work with a 2 wire plow??

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

sounds like it is wired for a 3 wire. to make it work if I cam correct I am sure someone can back me up on here you have to change everything under the hood. I will go snap some pics of the truck side on my truck for ya. Mine is a 3 plug.

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

here's truck side
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Just switch the plow over to three wire. It will take much less time, and be cheaper.

7. john95chevy

john95chevy Junior Member

it is cheaper to change the plow and then you can upgrade to new lights

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  8. Bowtieguy

Bowtieguy Member
    from CT

Thanks for the pics eatmytailpipes! I appreciate it. I have that same set up on my truck. The 9 pin was on the plow. I did some searching and it looks like i need to change the light harness to a 12 pin and add the 3 pin control harness to the plow. The truck will stay the same(whew). I don't know the costs yet but i'm gonna do some looking tonight. Anyone have extra harnesses laying around? :c)

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Actually, I have one of them. I'll see if I can put my hands on it in the morning.

10. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

11. Bowtieguy

Bowtieguy Member
    from CT

Thanks 2COR! Please LMK if you have either. Repoman...those are the same part #s i had. At least i know i'm on the right track. Thanks!!