1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Meyer E47

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JRudd007, Dec 19, 2003.

1. JRudd007

JRudd007 Junior Member

Hey guys been a while since I posted, but I have ran into a problem and know you guys can figure it out. I have a Meyer plow and have lost lift power and angle power. Everything was working fine than all of a sudden it wouldn't lift or angle. So I gave up on it and came back to it and it worked. Than it happed again not long after. Now it has happened again. I finally got it up but than after I got it up I cant get it to power angle and have a good feeling once I let it down its not going to go back up. The times when it wouldn't work it made a weird sound when you tried to lift or angle it, almost like a whinning or slipping or something sound. The fluid is full and all connections seem Ok so i am stumped. So whats the verdict? Any and all help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Justin

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

When was the last time you cleaned the filters, flushed the unit, and replaced the fluid???????

3. JRudd007

JRudd007 Junior Member

I bought the unit used, although I would like to think the guy properly serviced it , based on your question I have a feeling mabye it wasn't. This is my first year with the plow. So what all does a "system clean out" entail.
    Justin

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

You need to drain out the old fluid and flush the unit with kerosene. You will also need to drain and flush the angle cylinders. Be sure to use a good low temp. fluid. I use Meyer fluid, but there are good aftermarket fluids too. The biggest problem I see w/ Meyer pumps freezing up due to lack of fluid changes. These pumps seem to take on alot of moisture. The problems you are having sound like a freezing or dirty fluid problem to me.