1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with lighting problem...

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by weyland426, Sep 11, 2011.

1. weyland426

weyland426 Junior Member
    from indiana

have a 2010 vxt on 08 F350 and i starting have lighting issue that led to the eventual replacement of a "brain box" on the truck. my truck headlights intermittently would not come on until i cycled the switch...then after a month or so, they would not come on at all. i still had parks and fogs though. when ford replaced the brain box everything worked fine again, but they disconnected the plow light wiring. after my plow installer hooked everything back up last week, the problem immediately came back. has anyone experience this before? the bill from ford was over $600 and i don't want to have the same thing happen again. thanks.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Why wouldn't they warranty the work?

3. weyland426

weyland426 Junior Member
    from indiana

im at 85k and apparently the engine block is about the only thing warranteed to 100k :) my boss installer couldn't find anything on his side when he tested it.

4. onsight

onsight Senior Member

Is your truck gas or diesel?

5. weyland426

weyland426 Junior Member
    from indiana

6.4 powerstroke

6. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

If you can provide me with an e-mail address, I will send you a Ford Service Bulletin related to this matter.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like they're not flashing the updated calibration into the SJB. Here's the Bulletin pertaining to the 08's on what needs done.

Attached Files:

8. weyland426

weyland426 Junior Member
    from indiana

thanks. i'm taking this to the dealer and asking about it.