1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with large bid/ 2 part

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by skidooer, Sep 15, 2008.

1. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

I have been asked to submit a bid on snowplowing and grading,maintaining in the summer months there are 150 roads that are 20 feet wide and 1/4 mile long . these are gravel roads and they want a 3" trigger with snow removal.

all drives will be within 5 miles of my shop

any help would be great
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

so you are going to bid 37.5 lane miles with a 2500....?

I hope you have help. thats more then the state has 1 truck do. Are you sure you can keep up? what if it snows 2 inches per hour and you dont start until 3 inches....that means there will be 5 inches on the ground before you reach the end and then you have to go back and get the 2 inches that fell behind you....minimum.
  3. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

these roads are not in daily use they just want keep up on them incase they need to get in. looking to add a ex county truck to do this job, thanks for any advice
  4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i think you will need a road grader or a large ag tractor that has a v blade

i have seen roads like this that a county truck cant do and they bring in loaders or graders

unique job to bid though good luck
  5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Well for the summer grading you need a road grader, so maybe a Front Wheel Assist one so you can use it in the winter also?

I am guessing the summer grading you can give them a per mile price.

You maybe better to get an hourly price for snowplowing based on each peice of equipment.
    $X for grader/hour
    $X for 1 ton truck w/vplow /hour
    $X for etc....