1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with installing backrack

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mass1589, Sep 26, 2012.

1. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Heyy guys im wondering if theres a way to mount a headache rack of some kind like a protech or back rack on my 2000 k3500 withan over the rail bedliner....

2. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

You just need to cut holes thru the bedliner where the stake pockets are.

3. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Do u have pics of this setup

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I would figure your talking a drop in plastic bed liner? Not line-x or similar product.

5. SharpBlades

It's kind of hard to get a pic since the backrack covers the holes. I just used a utility knife and made multiple shallow cuts till the piece of plastic came out

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Yea id imagine you just need to cut holes where the stake pockets in the bed liner are supposed to be.

7. SharpBlades

Come to think of it... I don't believe that the hole really needs to be square if I remember right... You could probably use a hole saw

8. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

But how will it mount under the tonneau cover? I see this square tubing in alll the pictures. I was thinkn my only option wud be to cut it off nd weld flat stock to it...

9. SharpBlades

A bedliner isn't the same as a tonneau cover. You can't have a backrack with a tonneau cover

10. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

I just lookd at my post... Sorry i forgot to day cover too

Soo theres nothing i can do?

11. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty sure they sell an adaptor for tonneau covers but it's not hard to make them fit I've seen plenty of guys with them. Unless its the hard plastic shell type then no way

12. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

No i jave the extangblack max soft rollup tonneau...

13. THEGOLDPRO

You should def be more descriptive when asking a question, It took like 7 posts before you decided to mention you had a tonneau cover and not a bed liner like you originally stated.

14. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Yea i already apologized ..... I was making this post off my phone at work. I was going on 14 hours out of 16! I was pretty tired. I usually do a pretty good job on my posts. If it caused you any trouble i apologize

Im just looking for someone who ha an over the rail tonneau and bedliner, that installed a bak rack!

15. THEGOLDPRO

I accept your apology.

16. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

Aaahhaaaaaaaa

17. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

If its a toneau cover, backrack has a kit for it, there are specific covers that they have for this.

18. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

I have a protech on my truck and theres no way a cover would work with it

19. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

yea my brother has a protech and i was looking at his truck today....the angle plates would never allow any type of cover to fit....but the backrack does not have the angle brackets....