1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with install

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by EGLC, Dec 6, 2009.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Going to be installing my "new" 8' pro plus ultra mount on my 2003 chevy 2500hd.

Any tips or suggestions? Going to have my uncle help me out on this but still could use any advice from you pros on here.

Thanx in advance,

Jared

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

If its anything like the ford mount have a good drill and bits.

Other then that it is a real easy install. Good luck and post some pics.

3. 79bonco

79bonco Junior Member

No drilling...pull out your tow hooks they wont go back in...then put your rear 3/4" bolt in...then put the middle bolt in...and then the front 2 with the spacer Takes like 20 mins wiring will take longer but its not bad

4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

how hard is the wiring end of it??

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

just follow the directions closely and you should be just fine......Any problems we are here to assist,

6. 79bronco

79bronco Junior Member

Not very hard...How i do it...

Pull grille and headlights

use the Velcro stick on things and stick your module to the top of the fuse box
    plug your light harness and grille plug into the module. theres a ground wire to plug in right there then as well and a reversible plug with a green and blue wire...If you mount the module there (drivers side) you put green to green and blue to blue.

Run your headlight harness theres 2 splices on the drivers side one for park one for turn (There will be another blue wire in the western harness its for your DRLs you dont have to hook it up). then theres one turn splice on the passenger side.

Mount your solenoid, run your power cable.

You have one harness left at this point. it splits 4 ways. one goes into the cab (i run that last) another plugs into your light harness with an adapter. the third one goes to your solenoid and the last one is another grille plug.

You should have a plastic cover that you can drill a hole through and use a grommet they provide to go into the cab. tap into to the fuse box inside the cab using the fuse labeled IGN 3

;)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  7. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

I made a bracket that mounts on the left side using the factory hood brackets for the iso mod. Yes you can re-install the tow hooks. Just grind or flat sand the mounting hole ends. Certainly you will have to raise the T-bars and install timbrens. Gain another inch by getting 265's.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you're running a 3 port Iso be sure to plug the headlamp connectors in the correct way. There's an "A" and a "B" side. You need the "A" side and be sure they're all correct.

9. 79bronco

79bronco Junior Member

There not always A for chevys. You need to match the wires. The Western harness labels the wires. You need to match the western harness to the truck harness. But once you figure one out they should all be on the same side.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They are for an '03-up classic body GM. Which is what he has.

11. 79bronco

79bronco Junior Member

I did a GMC today that was B...Not sure if Chevy vs GMC makes a difference though...