1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help With Install??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by srlovett, Oct 31, 2010.

1. srlovett

srlovett Junior Member
    from OHIO

Hello, I am putting a RTIII bracket on a 2000 Chevy k2500 Classic body style and had question about the angle bracket that runs from the push beam to the cross member. The bracket bolts up to the holes that holds the front skid plate under the radiator, are you supposed to put the skid plate in between the bracket and frame or remove the skid plate and cut some slots into it and slide it over top the new bracket? With the bracket inbetween the skid plate and frame my holes on push beam side dont line up. Any help would be appreciated! Pictures a plus.. Thanks Alot Allan

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The skid plate stays and the bracket goes over it thus putting the skid plate between the newly installed bracket and frame cross member.

3. srlovett

srlovett Junior Member
    from OHIO

OK.. Thanks alot.. I was just wondering b/c mine is a plastic skid plate and i wasnt sure if i would run into a durability issure having the plastice plate inbetween frame and bracket.

Again Thanks!

4. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have a similar question. My '99 K2500 (non-Z71) doesnt have ANY kind of skid plate on the front. So will that one bracket just bolt right to the cross member on the truck then? It appears that theres 2 threaded holes that bolts could go into, but not 4 like the Boss directions suggest.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's only two bolts that attach the skidplate to the lower crossmember and they're small, only 10mm, so they don't do much. Use those two plus two large 5/8" fasteners near the outer ends of the crossmember to attach the thrust bracket. Some trucks will have the outer holes existing and some will need drilled.