1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with ID

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by wicked85, Nov 18, 2009.

1. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

2. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

4. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

OK, after help from you guys, I found that it is a Western Model 1510. Now, I need to figure out how to mount it to my truck, a 92 Chevy 1500 with a 350. I have the old mounts, but they are useless to me. I was wondering if anyone else has come across this and found a solution. Any pics or info would be great. Thanks again for the help and info

5. Crash935

That old mount isnt useless to you, its a great platform to start from. going to take some torching, welding and steel but you can use over 75% of what you have. Take a look at the instructions and parts break out for the 1540 mount.

6. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

I will use most of the old mount, I meant the thurst bars are the bumper mounts are no use. I think I have most of it figured out, just trying to get some input on where to bolt the new thrust bars that I am going to fab up.

7. Crash935

8. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

Crash, thanks for the input. I will "borrow" some material from work tomorrow and fab it up over the weekend. The thrust frame that bolts to the truck is $200, that is what I paid for the whole plow. Therefore, I will make one and it wont cost a dime, except my time. Thanks again for the input and I will post some pics when I get it all mounted.

9. Crash935

One tip, your going to want to do some type of insert or plate inside of the frame where you bolt through for the plow mount.

10. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

Are you talking where the thrust frame bolts to the truck frame?

11. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

Well, I have the thrust frame complete, thrust bars are finished, just have to finish the plates that bolt to the bumper mounts. Will get some pics when it is complete.

12. Crash935

I was talking about inside the very front of the frame where you bolt the main assy up to.

13. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

I am going to use the two holes where the tow hooks were, and the 3 where the bumper bolted to the frame. I think that should be sufficient.

14. Crash935

15. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

Thats what I did, except the angle is 1/2" thick. Thas should be good enough, you think?

16. Crash935

Only 1/2", slacker!!!

No really, thats plenty thick enough!

Keep going then and throw some pics up when done.

17. wicked85

wicked85 Member
    from Indiana

The only problem is the frame on the lift frame lines up with the middle of the frame rails of the truck. So I have to make a spacer so they line up with each other. Should not be a big deal, hell, I made my own thrust frame.