1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Hydraulics

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by joephill, Dec 6, 2008.

1. joephill

joephill Junior Member

I am currently running a 1995 Ford 2 Ton dump with a under the tailgate spreader. The problem I am having is that the P.T.O. is way to slow to keep the auger and spinner moving at a fast enough speed. Any ideas how to correct this problem. I am not sure what kind of spreader it is since there are no tags or numbers on it anywhere. Hope this was not covered in another thread.
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

:confused:you might have to contact a truck equipment shop the that deals with setting these up .a lot has to do with the gpm of the pump that is required to run the hydraulic motor's and accessories ,then you go to the correct pto that runs at the correct percentage of engine speed to drive it .did it work before i see it is a 1995 truck ,you could have another issue like a motor going bad ,or plugged hydraulic filter or suction screen . are the motor's getting hot ?
  3. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

most tailgate spredors run an 11 gmp pump and 2200 psi put a tester on your output on the truck and cheak that if that is good make sure the spredor has the right motor on it ( look at the number on it that code that will tell you what the gpm on the motor is im only familler with eton motors ) sometimes the motor will look like the right one but can be diffrent if it is the right motor hook the lines to another truck this will tell you if it is a bad motor on the spredor
    hope this helps