1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with hydraulic hoses

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kickstart, Oct 11, 2013.

1. kickstart

kickstart Junior Member

I have a curtis sno pro 3000(2003) and want to change the hydraulic hoses. The problem I have is that I cannot get a wrench to the hose connections at the manifold. I am blocked by the motor on one side , on the top by the float, on the other side the jack hose is attached (female connection) to a brass looking connection on the manifold. I thought I could remove the female connection for the jack hose to give me room to get a wrench on the other hoses(male connections) but the connection for the jack hose is a part of the manifold and still not enough room for a wrench. Any advice/help would really be appreciated

2. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

A good set of flexable line wrenches.:mechanic:

3. kickstart

kickstart Junior Member

thanks for replying joeyg999 I've never heard of flexable line wrenches.Where do I get the wrenchs at?

4. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

5. kickstart

kickstart Junior Member

thanks for the web sites but my connection is a 9/16 nut so I assume I need sae line wrenches. Also I ordered the replacement hoses from discount plow parts(mill supply) and the nut on the male end on the replacement hose is 5/8 inch. the one I'm trying to get off is 9/16 inch. Is that going to change the thread size going into the manifold? Obviously I can't check because I can't get the 9/16 inch out

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Anyway you could post a pic?

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

You can probably use a metric wrench to remove the old hose and install the new. There are several metric sizes that are very close to fractional, 9/16=.5625" and 14mm=.550", 5/8=.625" and 16mm=.630". Between the tolerances on the nut and the wrench you should be able to use a 14mm and 16mm wrench to remove/install the 9/16 and 5/8 nut.

Here's a link to a conversion chart http://www.highlandlighting.com/conversion.htm