1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with hydraulic hoses

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by kickstart, Oct 7, 2013.

1. kickstart

kickstart Junior Member

I have a curtis sno pro 3000 and want to change the hydraulic hoses. The problem I have is that I cannot get a wrench to the hose connections at the manifold. I am blocked by the motor on one side , on the top by the float, on the other side the jack hose is attached (female connection) to a brass looking connection on the manifold. I thought I could remove the female connection for the jack hose to give me room to get a wrench on the other hoses but the connection for the jack hose is a part of the manifold and still not enough room for a wrench. I can't believe curtis would make it this hard to change the hydraulic hoses and cringe at the thought of having to change a hose in the middle of winter. Am I missing something or do I have to remove the motor and reservior to change the hydraulic hoses?

2. BigBootyJudy

BigBootyJudy Junior Member

I just did mine, and i found it easier to just unbolt the whole pump assembly, theres 3 bolts i think 9/16. 2 on the bottom and 1 on the side toward the truck and it lifts out. i took mine all the way off to clean the tank out and such but you shouldn't have to undo any electrical, after those bolts are out you should have enough wiggle room.

P.S. dont change your hydraulic jack hose, or avoid unbolting it because i undid mine (i didnt change that line) to remove the pump and now i have no clue how to bleed it without ripping the entire plow apart? im stuck using a floor jack unless anyone knows a way.