1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with how to plow new lot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by stanger86, Dec 17, 2010.

1. stanger86

stanger86 Member

Hey guys, wondering if you have any recommendations on how to plow this new lot we picked up, I have a few ideas already just want to see if there might be anything Im missing.

The lot is a Frito-Lays distribution house. trucks come and go by 5am, but are back and against the loading docks by 5-6pm. Also there are numerous pilings down the main lot, as you can see the dots. The main problem is that there is a fence outlining the whole thing and on the "main lot" or east lot where the trucks are, there really isnt any place to stack the snow. There is however a huge grassy area on the west side of the building that we can stack whatever we want there. so what do you guys think?

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I would plow everything from the top right hand entrance straight back the length of the building, and stack against the fence. Then push the bottom from right to left and stack in the grass. Then puch the top fro right to left and clear the other entrance. Job finished.
  3. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with Rc but insure not to pile were car doors can open and hit it...all it takes is that one claim happy guy!!
  4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

it looks like a lot that need a loader and protech, with a blade to do cutouts. what are you using ?
  5. stanger86

stanger86 Member

Ive got 2 Vee blades 8'6'' and 9'6'' and a 8'6'' straight with wings. I have a case 90xt thats in the shop right now, but it has rubber asv track system that i dont know if it would be too good on snow or ice. You think I should get a snow bucket or a protech and use that to help stack move snow? Our usual snow falls dont get much over 4" and we have like 28'' average fall per season.