1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with how long it would take to plow?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bookworm, Oct 16, 2014.

1. bookworm

bookworm Junior Member
    from Indiana

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

How big are they?

Not sure with an 8' plow, but with my setup I could do the first one in about 20 minutes. Second one would be maybe a half hour.

But that's me.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How long to plow it actually with the plow down?

4. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I'd say 35 & 45 min, plus drive time, plus walks(if any)

5. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

30 and 45 with a 9'6" V. Add 15 minutes if you have an 8' straight blade. I always estimate conservatively... It usually comes out close.

6. bookworm

bookworm Junior Member
    from Indiana

Thanks guys. I appreciate it!

7. edrenckh

edrenckh Member

I think that's more lot in real life than it looks. I plow with a 8' V blade. I would allow an hour at least. Not many islands, which is good.

8. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

HAHAHA Awesome Thumbs Up

I'm going to say an hour...Once you figure out the lot and hit the grove probably 30-45

9. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

I think you're all too low in the time. I'd say almost an hour on the first with that truck and blade and over an hour an a half on the second at least.

10. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Well are we talking about the hours we would bid it at or the hours we would like to get it done in? Big difference

I was also only talking about the first one...

Also whilst a picture is nice, one with no scale and no square footage makes it hard.

11. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

Im going to say 40 min -1&1/2 hrs. if the lots are empty. As soon as you start adding up the fact that 2 or 3 cars may be left behind and screwing up your planned long straight runs you may have to duble your expected plow times.

12. bookworm

bookworm Junior Member
    from Indiana

The first one is 1 acre. The second is 1.5 acres. My estimation is 45 min for the first and 1.5 on the second. But I like to be conservative. Since some of you are asking about the size, I assume you use that as a factor in your calculations. I didn't put them on there originally because if you have 3 different 1 acre lots, they will not all take the same amount of time depending on the layout and islands and such. At least that is what I think.

13. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

lot times

any areas require backblading ?

14. bookworm

bookworm Junior Member
    from Indiana

:nono: :gunsfiring:

15. bookworm

bookworm Junior Member
    from Indiana

The loading dock area in first lot.