1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Fisher Frame ID

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by linckeil, Dec 31, 2014.

1. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I am not a Fisher guy, but came across this and am unsure what it is.

At first I thought it was an early minute mount 1 that still used a belt driven under the hood pump. but then i noticed the short hose coming of the bottom of the piston and the 2 brackets on the side of the frame. it looks like it had an insta-act pump, but i thought insta-acts were only on the minute mount 2's? The harness is there and it's an 11 pin plug. it also has a sticker dated 2001 - i thought insta-acts were later than that? maybe it's for a minute mount 1 V-plow?

Anyway, I'm sure you fisher guys will be able to ID it. Thanks.

055.JPG

056.JPG

058.JPG

059.JPG

061.JPG

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

It's one of the last MM1s, with the first of the Insta Act pumps with three plug iso module wiring... Thus the eleven pin light harness. 2000-2001 would be the correct time frame. I just sold one exactly like that a couple months ago.

3. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

Its a mm1 headgear and the brackets are for the insta act. Insta acts were on the mm1 also we got 2 of them. No way of telling if it came off a v plow or straight blade

4. cubicinches

The more I look at that, I'm talking like I sold one exactly like that... just exactly what you've got there... busted light and all. You didn't get that from a guy in New York, did you? :)

5. linckeil

from CT

thats funny - no. it's been sitting in my neighbors yard for 2 or 3 years. he brought it home from the local dump.

how much did you sell yours for?

6. cubicinches

The pump brackets were spread apart just like your are too. That's really not that uncommon, as the bolts tend to seize in the valve block.

Anyway, I bought an entire truck and the plow that was on it for $300... 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500. Got a bunch of useful parts off the truck, then scrapped it for $150 :D. The whole plow sat outside my shop for a few months, until a competitor of mine stopped and wanted to know what I was doing with the Fisher outside. He was building some kind of big push blade, and wanted just the blade. The blade itself was trashed... holes rotted right through the moldboard. He took the whole setup for $500 :)D again). A month later, he comes back by my shop, and gives me back the headgear, just like you have, but including the pump. He says he's got what he needs, and he's got no use for it, and he doesn't want anything for it :)D again). My guys took the pump off (bent the brackets) and put it on the shelf as a spare, threw the headgear back out in back of the shop where it sat for another year, until yet another competitor of mine comes by one day and sees it, says it's just what he needs, and will I take $100 for it.... :)D AGAIN)

So, to answer your question, I got $100... truthfully, it's probably worth more.

7. linckeil

from CT

yeah, $100 sounds like a good "get it sold" price. i'm sure someone would gladly pay more if they needed it, but it'll move for $100.

8. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I was able to sell each of these for $150 after some sanding and painting

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  9. chevyzrule810

Get a light housing and a pump and you have a complete headgear

10. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

was all the time and money spent on materials sanding and painting worth the xtra $50 ??

11. chevyzrule810

Well when you live by a hardware store that is going out of business and you get a whole case of black spray paint for $5.00 and it only took one grinding disc to do them all just grind of the loose stuff and spray them up

12. chevyzrule810

I also only work 4 days a week so it kept me busy for a few hours