1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with fabing a mount for a YJ Jeep

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Oct7brian, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Oct7brian

Oct7brian Junior Member

I picked up a meyer 6.5' Plow with a E-46 pump to mount up on my 1990 YJ Jeep Wrangler. It was mounted on a wagoneer before but I was wondering if any of you guys have made up mounts for your YJ's I was planning on making a quick disco type because I dont want all the plow stuff on my rig all year long. I put a western plow on my 86 S10 and it was a breeze just had to weld up some angle and bolt it up but with the jeep it is a little bit more interesting plus I have a 4" lift. Post up some pics if you have any. Thanks:waving:
  2. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

If you go to Jeepsunlimited.com and look in the cj forum for a thread titled "2inches of snow need plow help" or something like that. You will find it is full of options of how to build a mount to compensate for the lift. I have about 5" of lift in the suspention of my cj and it plows just fine.
  3. Oct7brian

Oct7brian Junior Member

Thanks I'll check that out