1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with estimate

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by stacks04, Jan 22, 2008.

1. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

hey guys new here but lingering for a while. finally joined. i have an estimate question. what would you per push charge this.

and by per push charge do you mean once the storm is over, or every time you go per storm. just stupid newbie questions :confused:but want to do a little more effecient work for myself and make sure it is worth while payup. i mostly plowed for my family and took what they gave me. worked out okay but things change and don't do them anymore. i moved 20 miles north of everybody and it is way to much to plow em anymore. thanks for the help in advance and happy plowing:)
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

30 to 40 minutes to plow it
    Proably closer to 30, hard to tell with the tree cover.
  3. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

it usually takes 1hr for 1-6 or so. anything more takes a bit more due to the addtional pile movement. that includes the main walk you see in pic, a parkspace that was supposed to be a loading dock island both sides, shovel two 10ft garage doors and 2 man doors, and an emergency exit on the left side of pic from 3/4 length of building. i do it all myself. remember the town bitches if you put to much snow across the road so it is all plowed in from the road.
  4. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

personally i don't beat the **** out my truck, nor do i care if it takes me an hour, i do it by myself, and make sure it is done right. just out of curiosity does anybody answer questions or just offer ball busting criticism. plowing is not my profession and usually do it before and after my profession. it is something i do to make some extra cash. not to pay all my bills. i simply wanted to make sure i was not getting screwed and thought this place would help. obviously not.
  5. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

i know the area that its located. judging from the picture and i may be going a little over or maybe under what you were thinking but id say $80-90 a push.give or take $10-15

thats just for a plowing estimate. you have to figure out what you want to charge for busting your own ass shoveling i dont want to tell you what you should charge there.
  6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

figure how much you want to make in an hour and add some for getting out of the truck to shovel. i would say around $150. just a guess tho
  7. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

thanks guys. i appreciate the help. sounds about what i was thinking. shoveling is a little pain but the lady is willing to pay it seems so i don't mind. it would be just a second account for me. little extra money.
  8. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

If you want to get a Rise on here, just throw out the statement " I do this for Beer Money".
    Or better yet "How Long should it take to Plow 12 acres with my 1/2 ton truck ?".
    Theres many profesionals here that do this for a living, running business's that provide income/benefits for many employees. This is its own Industry, and there are many companys that only do snow. Respecting the Industry, and treating it like Snow and Ice Management is a step in the right direction. Way to many "No it Alls" come on here and casually mention how easy all this really is, and "owe ya by the way just how much should I charge ?"
    Theres more to it then droping a blade when it snows......
  9. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Well said T man.

BM'S PLOWING Member
    from MASS.

I Would Also Say About A Hour. Maybe About $125 To 150. I Would Also Like To Take A Little Longer So I Don't Beat The Crap Out Of My Truck. What Is The Square Footage Of The Lot?
  11. Jbowe

Jbowe Senior Member

I have to agree with some of the others here. This lot looks like its a half hr to 45 minutes without working your truck to death. That is unless your working without wings on a 7'6 inch plow. But of course thats for an experienced plow driver doing it. So if it were me I would probably charge my minimum hrly rate for doing the lot then add for the walks. Since your in no hurry to do it though and you seem to be in it just for lunch and possible gas money then I say charge what she will pay then take as long as you like becuase your definately not going to be taking business away from anyone else. Thats not being sarcastic. Just stateing my opinion based on what you said.