1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with estimate

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim C, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Tim C

Tim C Member

This was my have been brought up or discussed before. This estimate is for 5 drive-ways and access road. The person that did it last season is not doing it any more. He charged 40$ per drive, first 4" at 6"he added 20$. He did not charge for the access road.Access road is 250-300ft 2 carwidth wide.

Iwould like far price including sanding at 1-2" and after storm.

understand that I think the previous guy did not charge enough!!?

Some good feed back would be appreciated

Thanks Tim C Let it snow
  2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I would charge 250.00 to 300.00. Splitting that up 5 ways would be 50.00 to 60.00 per house on the property. I think that is reasonable. Especially if the common drive is only 10 to 12 feet wide. That is only 2 or 3 passes.
  3. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

ok first i think that 50 is way to cheap i get that for 1 driveway that is only 3 passes you have 5 drives plus the common i would charge minimum of 75 DOLLARS That will cover sanding oilchange tires why woRk for peanuts its not worth it if your not gonna make at least 100 dollars on 5 drives dont do it.good luck
  4. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

The $40.00 sounds good to me, but I would charge per push.

Sanding would be extra with $75.00 min. most likely $100-125 per application.

I am in Littleton, MA
  5. Tim C

Tim C Member

Thanks for the feed back, I give the estamate at 10:30 sun. I will let all how it went, I am not going to cut my self- short If they want a Flybynighter so be it cutting short does not pay the bills.

Thanks again Tim C
  6. Tim C

Tim C Member

Estimate was given. I was 100$ higher on heavy snow events, and about the same on regulare snow events. I told the client you get what you pay for. I am sick and tired on some guys with there low ball pricing:gunsfiring:

No call back yet and I'm not clling her.

Thanks again for your response

Tim C Let It Snow