1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with estimate

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by 3diamonds, Nov 27, 2011.

1. 3diamonds

3diamonds Junior Member

Help with an estimate per push with salt.
    See attached
    grey area is lot and walkways.

Prop Map.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

UUUMM...walkways included?? 500-600??? for lot only i guess without having any clue of the actual size. More info please.
  3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Thats a lot of walk ways... Are there any staircases ?
    Have you totaled up the footage of the sidewalks?
  4. Indy

Indy Senior Member

bid it by the hour or you could lose on this one

100-115 for plowing
    40 -50 for shoveling
    .50 to .75 lb for melt installed

That's what works here, NOT SURE ABOUT YOUR AREA.
  5. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

wow is that for real on the salt price ????? that would be $1000-$1500 a ton
  6. peterng

peterng Senior Member

he's in line with my rates. for handwork traction control I charge .30$/lb for sand and .65$/lb for mag chloride + application time of $85/hr 1/2hr minimum which is minimal cause it does not take much time to lay it down.
  7. 3diamonds

3diamonds Junior Member

Size of lot

approx 3000 ft of sidewalks

property 800 * 500ft

individual lots 200 * 50ft

Prop Map.jpg
  8. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

for my numbers im giving you, its for plownig 3.99 inches. I always do a per push charge on 0-3.99 inches. I always charge for what it will be on the high side, even if its a lower storm total (say 1.5 inches)

Im guessing that, that drive way up the middle is also about 60 feet wide? It looks similar to the sizes of those side lots, so that long push is over an acre in itself if that is accurate.

I would say on a plowing youre looking at about 2.5 hours

sidewalks if your shoveling, probably about 2.5-3 hours, but if your using a snow blower probably around 1 hour.

so id charge $165/push (0-3.99 inches) probably about $75 on the walks if im using a blower.

Salt for the lot, about $105 per application. Thats based on about 800 lbs per app (the average between a light salting (600) and a heavy salting (1000).

Sidewalks would be about $100 in ice melt.

plowing price and bulk salt price would change if that main drag isnt 60 feet wide.
  9. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

So bristolturf, you're at $65/hour plowing .13/lb for salting, and $25/hr for sidewalk guys? Why are you charging so little?
  10. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

65/hour is the average in my area, probably actually a little higher than most. I know your in WI, but in kenosha thats about it. Ive seen some companies (a big player in the snow game by me) throwing the international dump trucks on some accounts charging them $55-60/hour, so its hard to throw a $65/hr bid out for a 1 ton dump or 3/4 ton truck. Some accounts we get more on.

Salt I am actually a little cheaper, but I get it at a great price, almost 1/2 the price most pay per ton, but I add in a truck charge.

Sidewalks I am at $45/hour on. I would use a snowblower, not a shovel. With shoveling I usually will use the snow blower up until about 8 inches then after that we either go hourly becasue we need to shovel, or if its a flat rate, we bump the price up significantly.
  11. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Whats installed mean?? Are you placing it inside the concrete??:laughing: is it a lot higher priced if you apply instead of installing it??:drinkup:
  12. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

The AZZ wipes at trugreen here where bidding places at $45 an hr I crap you not!!! I seen the other day a add on Craigslist for subs $32.50. I emailed the piece of crap and he had the nerve to email me back trying to explaing to me why its a good deal?? REALLY :realmad: Your damn lucky to get $65 an hr here. I would love to have a business where 1982atm lives in Indy he is at $100-$115 a truck hr I would really be living the high life!!
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  13. 3diamonds

3diamonds Junior Member

Thanks for your reply!
  14. 3diamonds

3diamonds Junior Member

Thank for your reply!
  15. phillie

phillie Member
    from indy

Haha, $32.50, what a joke! The prices around here are right inline with 1982atm, Not sure where hes at but here in Indy I am getting the higher end of that. Actually have 1 at $120/hr.