1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with equipment selection

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by spokanesnow, Nov 2, 2010.

1. spokanesnow

spokanesnow Junior Member

I have owned a lawn care business for over ten years and finally have decided to enter the snow removal side of things. I'm looking to purchase a snow thrower and was trying to decide between buying a toro commercial 28" or a Arien's. I found out a buddy of mines Dad recently passed away and he owned a full on landscape company w/ everything from hydro seeder trucks to snow plows. he has for sale a Arien's 12 hp commercial ST1236 and a 8 hp St824. Both are in great condition limited wear and around 4 years old. I need to know if i should go with these machines, and how much i should offer him for them, he doesnt have an asking price so i need a starting point. I want both the machines for $1,500 is that reasonable? Any help would be great!
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

check craigslist and other sources for prices in your area.
    They vary alot