1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with E47 Motor

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Yelbic, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Yelbic

Yelbic Junior Member

I replaced brand new motor and pump this morning on my Meyer E-47. Everything worked great for an hour then the plow stopped working. No up, down or anything.... No sound of motor working.

I want to take the motor off and check it but I need some help. WHen installing motor we had a hell of a time trying to keep the springs intact when installing motor.

What tricks do you experts use to remove and replace motors. I know if I take off the pump assembly then I can attach the pump to the motor without having to worry about losing parts but I do not want to drain fluids...

Any suggestions would be appreciated... Do you think a new motor would fail that quickly?

2. 4speed

4speed Member

I have done it with two putty knives and a helper to hold it but If you go to the meyer website and downlad the service manual, there is a diagram for making a tool to do the job.

3. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

An ole' fashioned window roll-up handle remover tool from your auto-parts store works wonders. Makes it a 1 man job. You need to make sure all 4 brushes are seated properly on the bench, then hold the assembly together while you install it back onto the pump. DO NOT try to align it on the pump or you are just asking for problems. I would take it off and double check that all the brushes are ok, then check your solenoid to make sure you are getting power to the motor.

Kevin

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Sounds like solenoid or wiring to me. Do you have a ground going from the pump to the truck frame/battery???

5. Yelbic

Yelbic Junior Member

Problem Resolved

It was a brush that had fractured and was causing a short. Small piece was discarded and it works fine now...