1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with e-47

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Patire, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Patire

Patire Junior Member
    from 4

I'm having problems with my plow the ram willl go up with out the plow on but when the plows on it will not lift. The motor and cables are new.

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I would start by checking the seals on the ram.

3. Does the motor run when you try to lift it?
    If the motor runs but won't lift, you may be low on fluid.
    If the motor is running, is it laboring like it's trying to lift??
    Need more details on whats not happening.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If this problem just started all of a sudden then it's probably your "A" valve stuck open. The pump can't build pressure in the lift ram with it stuck open.You can pull the valve out and try cleaning it and push in on the end of it to see if it move's.If it won't move,then it's stuck in the open position.

5. Patire

Patire Junior Member
    from 4

I replace B valve and the A valve still wont work and the plow will not angle.

6. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Your C valve is for angle, If it doesn't angle I would replace that and also check your fluid level. Click on the Meyer logo at the top of the page and it will help you out step by step.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the A valve didn't fix the lift problem, you need to get a pressure gauge on the pump and check the pump pressure. An E47 should have 1650 psi at full lift or angle. Did you check the pressure relief valve in the back of the pump to see if it might have come loose or is out of adjustment? Where is your ground cable connected at on the pump?