1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with driveway est. in Woodstock, IL

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Mark13, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

ok, this is a house that we owned as a rental property and just sold today, the new owner asked who did the snow removal and lawn. Being the son of the owner i have been responsible for the snow and lawn care for the past four or so years. The new owner might be interested in me doing it with my atv and plow,most companies do not want to do it with a truck because of how the driveway is set up. the driveway on the northside of the picture (side with driveway along all of it) droppes off vertically (2-7ft) along the whole edge so its hard and dangerous to get a truck right next to the edge with out sliding off (no safety edge sticking up by garage). I would have to do the whole drive that is outlined in red along with the walkways that are done in blue. This house is located in woodstock illinois if that helps anyone get a closer est of what to charge. thanks Im not sure on the exact dimensions but i hope you can use other objects around for reference to get an idea. The driveway along side of the house is 1 car wide and the garage is set of for 3 seperate car bays

austin house drive.JPG
  2. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

pretty big

2 - 4 = 75
    4.1 - 6 = 85
    6.1 - 12 = 95
    anything over 12 " is 120
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

does that seem about right as far as what to charge for guys a bit more around this area? im new to this whole thing so any imput would be appreciated. id like to get into this to make money but im trying to get my feet wet to see if its something id really like to do and since iv done this driveway many times i thought it would be a good start, thanks
  4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

You' say you have done that driveway and walk many times
    So, how long does it take?

That will tell you what to charge.
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

with 2-4" it takes me about 30-40 min, but thats only if i remember right from last winter
  6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

and what's your hourly rate?
  7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

the guy got someone else to plow it, thanks though to those who responded