1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with dodge ram setup please

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nogoodram, Sep 8, 2009.

1. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

hi everyone. i've been reading threads on this site for a few weeks now as i decided on what plow setup i wanted to buy and it was a great help so thank to everyone. but now that i bought one i am running into a few questions that i havent found answers to in prior threads. heres the scenario.
    i bought a fisher insta-act minute mount 8' 3-plug (i think, not totally sure) setup to put on my 2002 dodge ram 2500. i removed it from a 2000 dodge ram 2500. i agreed to remove it from his truck in exchange for a lower price. as i removed all the truck-side wiring i noticed that its pretty messed up - cut and spliced and wires that seem to be missing, etc. the harnesses are also cut off the headlights on the plow side. i initially planned to rewire it but i'm leaning against that now. i think i'm going to try to replace the harnesses. in a nutshell, i'm hoping someone can confirm that these part numbers are in fact the right one for this truck/system.

isolation module - f26400
    port 1 - f26345
    port 2 - f26357
    port 3 - f26349
    port 4 - f26345

also, since the harnesses are cut off the headlights on the plow side, how do i know what harnesses to replace them with? if i need to give more info please tell me and i will do my best.
    thanks in advance!

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Port 4 should be f26354 not 45 I am thinking its a typo. I just sold that set up a couple months ago. As for the plow side harness go talk to a fisher dealer for it. No one will have that used. You might just consider buy a new set of lights since that harness will probably be over $60

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  3. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

First off...welcome to the site! Do you have any pics of your new setup?

4. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

Thanks, yeah it was a typo, you had it right. awesome, at least now i know i'm working with the right equipment. how are the truck side wiring organized anyway? are there different wiring sets for different truck models, or different plow setups or according to the trucks headlight bulbs or all 3 or none of the above? just curious

5. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

thank you. i'm really enjoying this site, theres TONS of great info on here and i'm learning alot quickly. i dont have any pics yet, so far the plow is still face down on my trailer with the pump leaking fluid all over my driveway (will that cause any long term damage to the pump or hydraulics? i hope not) and the wiring is in a rats nest on the floor in the garage, but hopefully some day soon i will have it together and get some pics of it.

6. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

so i found a guy selling some of what i need. he has the isolation module and the wire for port 2 that match my numbers. he is not selling the plow wires for port 1. his setup is removed from a 2003 f250, my truck is a 2002 dodge ram 2500. he says that his number 3/4 harnesses will work on my truck. if it will work, then why does it have a different number? does anyone know whats different about them? i wanted a independent confirmation before i purchased. as always, any help is appreciated. whats an isolation module worth anyway? if i buy this i will have 2 of them and i dont really see the need to keep it unless its a part that burns out frequently.

my numbers:
    isolation module - f26400
    port 1 - f26345
    port 2 - f26357
    port 3 - f26349
    port 4 - f26354

his numbers:
    isolation module: f26400
    port 1 - not for sale
    port 2 - f26357
    port 3 - not legible
    port 4 - f26394 - he did say it was hard to read, may in fact be the same as my harness.

thanks!

7. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

Glad I got to BigDave before you did, that wireharness set up you are looking for I bought off od BigDave back in June/July, I installed in my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 - check out Avater
    Thank you again BigDave!!

8. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

It will work if you have HB 5 headlights, the only thing, and BigDave told me about this, is there is a clip in the wiring that has a red wire loop in it, you have to pull it out and put it into the right wire holes in the clip as it is different for Dodge than ford. It will make one of your regular headlights not work. It litterly just pulls out and there are three connectors and you have to find the right combination of two of them out of three, so it is realy quick and once you do you clamp it back down and you are done. Just do it whiel your truck headlights are on and you will know as soon as you touch the connectors.

My advise:
    Find someone that is selling the Whole truck side together.
    Other thing to note
    on the blinkers there are two wire on one side and then one on the other. They are purple on each side and then one ground. Use the same ground as the blinker, then the puple one on each side goes into the wire that make the blinkers blink, not the constant power ones. I made that mistake and then had to do that part over.

Oh and by the way you have to lower the Bumper to unscrew the headlight casing to get to the blinker wiring, unless you have long arms or a good friend, it stunk but we were able to get to it without having to.
    let me know if you have any questions I just did it last month!

9. BigDave12768

There is a guy in Seabrook NH who sell that set up for about 300 Xlarait36 Hit him up. I wouldnt bother with 3/4 of a set up

10. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

thanks bigdave. you're like the mayor around here. you know everything thats going on. haha i would def prefer to buy the whole set instead of trying to piece it together. i looked through the for sale forum on here but couldn't find it. any suggestions on how to get in touch with him?

11. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

that electrical setup that i described, is the a two plug or three plug system? i think its a 3 plug. my understanding is that in a 3 plug system the headlights each have individual plugs and one plug for the pump, and a two plug system has one plug for both headlights and one plug for the pump. i could be making that up, please tell me if i'm wrong.

12. BigDave12768

Here is what you need. complete set

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fisher-Plow-Minute-Mount-1-or-2-Complete-Wire-Harness_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem27ab756613QQitemZ170380322323QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

13. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

Thanks for keeping an eye open bigdave! i'm going to put a bid in on it. whats the difference between the 3 port and 4 port module? what wires are different?

14. BigDave12768

i think its only one cable for the headlights instead of 2.

Not sure why he think its easier. They are about the same to install. Both are easy though

15. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

cut headlight wires

hi, Probably lights were cut off to make his headlights work. The harness was probably not for the 2000 ram. I have a 2000 ram also and used a wieing harness from an 88 ford(my older truck). everything worked just fine except for the headlights. I cut the light wires off and installed a high/low beam floor switch and a toggle switch for under 10.00 to make my whole setup work just fine. parking lights work with the harness. I just turn the toggle switch on to get headlights. i went the cheap way out to get everything working . under 10.00 cost and about 20 minutes of work to hook things up.

16. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

thanks for all the help. i ended up getting all new truck side wiring and its all good to go. now i just need to fix the plow-side headlight wiring because the harnesses are cut off. do all fisher headlight have the same wiring/harness? can i plug anything into my 3plug mm1 setup?