1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Condo Association bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Erik1981, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Erik1981

Erik1981 Member
    from MN

How long should this take with a F250 and 8'2" Boss V Plow? Only the stuff in the highlighted area - driveways and road?
    Thanks, you guys have been a big help!

Dead Shot Estates snow removal.jpg
  2. Erik1981

Erik1981 Member
    from MN

Anyone? There are 18 driveways to back drag and the road
  3. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Depending on how fast you are I'd say roughly between an hour and an hour and a half. That may be on a high end but from the look of it the driveways are more than 2 cars lengths
  4. Erik1981

Erik1981 Member
    from MN

The driveways are actually all 2 cars wide and just over 1 car deep
  5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Back dragging is a hard way to figure on top that your trying do it with a Boss V
    I guess 10 mins per drive 20 min for the road might be the long figure
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Back dragging deep snow sucks. I can blow my driveway, 20x50, with a single stage Toro in 5 minutes tops. I would consider putting a 30" 2 stage on there and blow the snow on the front lawns. Where are you going to push all the snow once you pull it onto the road?
  7. Erik1981

Erik1981 Member
    from MN

We are blowing/shoveling the sidewalks so I had considered blowing the driveways as well but my blowing crew has an already overbook route so I do not want to add much more to it if I can avoid it.
  8. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

75-90 minutes
  9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Absolutely True. Sometimes snow blowers are a good solution, just more effort than sitting in the truck.
  10. mark268

mark268 Member

We had an 18 drive complex similar but with drives on both sides of the street. Took about an hour or more backdragging drives, including clearing walks and street. Biggest pain in the butt site with a narrow street and complaint happy residents. I recommend buying a back plow like a daniels. Cut our time in half. Happy to no longer have this site.