1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP with Commercial snow removal bid

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by aference1, Dec 10, 2009.

1. aference1

aference1 Junior Member
    from Indiana

I am getting calls to do bids for property maintenece on commercial properties. How do I bid the snow removal? I have alot of residential contracts but I always bill seperate for the snow removal. For commercial do I just put a hourly charge in the bid or how much to remove snow each time? I cant just add the price to the bid without knowing how much it will snow? Some advice would be great.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Depends on what the contrat calls for...seasonal or hourly?
  3. The Big Push

The Big Push Junior Member
    from Ontario

Ask guys around you're area how many "plowables" they figure on each season. Figure what you want "per push", there you have it-a seasonal price. (Then pray it don't snow at all)
  4. z_scapes

z_scapes Junior Member

Your in Indiana and I don't think you can count on selling a seasonal price to anyone in Indiana. IMO you need to price your services per hour on a severity grade. I'm no expert and some of these guys may laugh at me giving advice but I just landed my first commercial contract in Indiana and I set my prices hourly and graduated. I get one price for 1-3" 20% more for 4-6" and another 20% for 7-12" snow. I'm in kentucky and our snow in this area is absolutely unpredictable. I do anticipate heavy snow again this year and I get my information from a higher power.
  5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

We have several properties on seasonal in Indianapolis, it can be done.
  6. aference1

aference1 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Thanks for the help. I think I will charge hourly and see how it goes. I will see where that takes me. I wont be plowing commercial this year. The bids are for next season so I have some time to work on it. Most of the properties want my bid in by February.