1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with commercial lot pricing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cstrom, Aug 9, 2010.

1. cstrom

cstrom Junior Member

I am not completely new to snow plowing, although I am new to commercial lots. I have only a little experience with pricing and was wondering how to price out a commercial lot properly. If anyone could give me some insight it would be greatly appreciated. More so interested in going after grocery stores or larger strip malls:)

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd go with $1,862.83

Are you sure grocery stores and larger strips malls are the best place for you to be starting off? In my opinion with what seems like very limited knowledge of how to go about any of this, I would have to venture to say not. Use the Search function located at the top of the page to find lots of valuable information.

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

On average a Truck can plow about an acre an Hour...That all depends on the lay-out, where the snow is gonna be stacked, Light poles, islands,Etc....If you are serious about Snow removal..You might wanna think about joining SIMA...They have production rates for Equipment..also for sidewalks...Alot of helpful info....Plus it adds professionalism to your company....Go measure the lot or lots...Check the layout..Get a feel for whats needed..Talk to the Manager and ask what the expectations are for the site...Im sure more people will chim in and help out.....:salute: