1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with commercial bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by lmarine, Oct 17, 2007.

1. lmarine

lmarine Member

trouble with this bid could i get some input here
    Help estimate this place Plow and salt lot and Then sidewalk with calcium cl on walks 2" trigger per push per ton
    does $150.00 push sound???? my guess is 1.0 ton salt? 2 bags cc
    Equipment ford f700 5 yard dump 10' blade with spreader on back
    chevy 2500 7.5 blade
    snow blowers misc shovel walk behind salt dog spreaders 3 guys total

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

When you say plow and salt with a 2" trigger does that mean under 2" you salt only or do nothing?

I think I could plow that in 1 hour. I counted the parking spaces and it looks to be 200'X200'. I have a 8'6" plow with Western Pro Plus Wings. If I was to send a broker I would bid at 90 minutes. After plowing salt should be closer to 1,000lbs. If you are trying to salt out 1 1/2" then you would need more. 100lbs of Cal. from a spreader should be fine but throwing it by hand will take more. We bought a Epoke mini last year($1200) and I saved at least that in salt on 8 places.
  3. lmarine

lmarine Member

so here is what i come up with what do ya think????

1.5 hours @ $125 hour = $187.00 per push upto 5"

each salt application 1ton@ $150 applied &2 bags Calcium @$18 bag +$186

$370.00 total to plow and then salt the place does this sound right? or?

bid is due by Friday thanks guys
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I think 200 even for salting would be a good number and the time seems right with that price.good luck hope you get the job.
  5. lmarine

lmarine Member

thanks for reply Iam still alittle bit of a rookie here I sure dont want to be a lowballer just want to make a living but i want to be in the right on the price if iam too low or way to high they might say i am nuts i just dont want to come in too high I just bid a small lot on the same pricing concept and i was almost double the price of the other guy needles to say the owner looked at me like a theif how could i be off that much? on the other hand i do carry a mil in insurance and gas we all know about that well i think i will bid this as is maybe boost to $200 on salting sounds even anyway thanks
  6. lmarine

lmarine Member

Ok first thanks for the reply guys and youre input it really helped me to figure this one now the crazy part i did not get this bid the guy who did is charging $125.00 per push and including salt HOW???? wow thanks again
  7. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

cause hes not very smart. or hes not salting and figures he can do it in an hour
  8. KGRlandscapeing

and i dont have a dump so i figure 120an hour on my 7'6'' if i had a 10ft it would be well over that
  9. KGRlandscapeing

and i dont have a dump so i figure 120an hour on my 7'6'' if i had a 10ft it would be well over that. theres no way i would touch that lot for less then 200 thats an hour and a half for me and i am not sure if i could get it done in that.
  10. Ultra

Ultra Member

Keep your ethics

Make a courtesy call and let them know you appreciate the opportunity to bid If for any reason your snow removal service doesnt work out Tell them (if) I have room for you on your :snow route you will help them out, but your price may be a little higher because of the additional pressure because of all your clients you have now. You know you just picked up a real good account. :salute:
  11. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

How big is the lot??