1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with commercal in mn

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dire, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Dire

Dire Junior Member

hi how are you all Im really hoping some one can help me out I have been plowing for many year and I have never had some one ask me to have a bid like this before and I hope some one can help me figuraout hope to come out with a price or about how many times I would be out the contract they want is a 2 in trigger with you coming out before store open and every 2 in keep coming out so in like a 6 in snow fall u could be out 3 to 4 times now in the quote this the odd part to me is the what salt included in the price but they was a flat rate for the whole season including the salting if someone could please help me out with an idea how to come up with that price Normally I charge salt as a per time thing
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just outta wonder....what kinda business is this?
    Might steer you another way
  3. Dire

Dire Junior Member

It is a auto repair shop. Like jeffy lube. Or Midas or tire plus
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well you could try and push for a no tolerance with them. Or. A plow at 2and salt as needed
    The figure out how many times is about impossible.
  5. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Look up the average snowfall. Say its 55". Divide it by 2 for the 2"trigger. That will give you a guesstimate of the number of plows. If you have been salting other businesses in the past, look at your records for how many saltings you have done. Should basically be the same for this one. Estimate how much salt you would need per time, multiply that times number of saltings last season and you should be in the ballpark. Pad your bid a little for the unforseens, and give it a shot. Good Luck!
  6. ringahding1

ringahding1 Senior Member

I would sell them safety

A) 1" trigger with an immediate salting of lot
    (A-2) Every 1" keep plowing, when snow stops, salt again for last time
  7. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

You can try the upsell and get them to lower the trigger, but they are probably asking for 2" as the trigger for a reason.

Not sure what the issue is here... they are asking for a seasonal price. Convert your average number of pushes and salts in to a seasonal number and leave room for cushion if it is a heavy year. Just remember, you're on the hook at your stated price, even if it snows five times what you're used to.

Some mild effort at grammar and punctuation would make this a whole heck of a lot easier to read.