1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Broken Intensifires

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BlueLine Ent, Dec 16, 2007.

1. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

One of our trucks has an 8ft MM2 which has one of the very first batches of the intensifire lights on it. I read somewhere about people having problems with the tabs that hold lights together breaking during normal usage. This happened today and BOTH lights are broken. I tried to search for the thread but can't find it. Can anyone tell me what the deal is with the lights, are they recalled under a defect, are they under any warranty etc? Who do I need to speak with about getting them replaced? Is it simply a dealer thing, or do I have to deal directly with Fisher?

2. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

You will probably have to pony up and buy new ones. They will most likely chalk it up to user abuse (even if you aren't rough). They do this, because in their eyes, you cannot break these without being rough on them.

3. BlueLine Ent

Anyone with hard facts?

4. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

You should bring the plow in to the Fisher Dealer who put it on and let them summit the claim to Fisher for warranty. Any fisher factory distributor can process the warranty claim. The consumer has the responsibility to produce proof of purchase showing when the plow was purchased. All Fisher products have a two year warranty against defects in material and workmanship. Personally I have not seen any of the new lights broken. From what I have been told the tabs on the lights are there to hold them in place while the adhesive cures during manufacturing.

5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Talk to Brian from Ipswich. Fisher is having huge problems with these, and no they arent under warranty. I was going to buy a set from him yesterday and he wouldnt sell them to me becuase he said they were no good. I thanked him for the good advice.

6. BRIAN11

BRIAN11 Junior Member
    from MA

Here is the thread that I started last winter when I broke mine.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=44221

I fixed mine with some 3M panel bonding adhesive at my friends body shop and haven't had a problem since. Fisher didn't help me because mine were not mounted on a Fisher plow, which is a pile of BS. I have a friend on mine that bought his lights when I bought mine and his broke the same way, but his were mounted on a Fisher plow.

7. BlueLine Ent

Heres the situation for follow up in case anyone is wondering. You need to go to the dealer you bought the plow from and buy a new set of intensifires for full price. You then give them back your broken busted ones, they send them into Fisher for warranty, who in return sends a refund for the new ones you bought.

8. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Thats exactly how they handled the broken headgear on my plow. At least they made good on it. Good Luck.