1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with boss v-plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ggwash21, Jan 14, 2005.

1. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

I'm currently looking at a boss V-plow used. My buddy's dad has it its 3ys old looks like new the guy he bought it from used it 6 times and it looks like i was used 6 times no dents any where. he bought it last yr never used it. i has everything mount for my truck all wiring.. he wants $2500 is it worth it? anyone have a pic of a 2000 or 2001 boss v-plow????????????/
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

What size is it? 7.6, 8.2, or 9.2? I'd say either way it's very well worth it. How about the controller, is that included?
  3. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

I priced a 8'2" Boss V and it was $5000.00 brand new including install. $2000 sounds like a pretty good deal. Breck
  4. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

i cant remember the size i think its a 8.2. but it has everything! controller light harness pump harness everything but seee where i come into a problem is i have a light 3/4 chevy. what would i do yo stiffen up the front and so on?i have the bar cranked on it right now
  5. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Here ya go, I paid $2000 for this one on november. its a 2001 i think. Then I paid $320 for the truck mount and $300 for a handheld controller, it came with a toggle switch controller and i didnt like it. It sounds like a good deal i would go for it and put a set of timbrens on your truck..

race 014.jpg

race 011.jpg

race 013.jpg
  6. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

Thanks ya it looks like that one there.. except it has all its paint on it. i'm gonna get it i think.. and will max out the front of my truck.. i'll have the local suspension shop do it...
  7. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Dont max out the T bar crank! And dont pay someone to do it IMO. Do a search in the chevy section, I posted a bit ago on cranking the t bars. Try raising your truck 3/4" in the front over its stock empty hight.

Buy some timbrens(they are cheap and very easy to install) talk to big nate

Run the proper amount of ballast!!!! I would start with 500#.

With a boss, Dont plow in the scoop mode very fast unless you are sure about the pavement underneath and its smooth!
  8. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

Thanks im not gonna crank the bars up that much. i turned them up now because they came loose and the bolts were almost falling out.. i have bout 500 lbs in back and i still spin ALOT... how much should i use now? i have a C-8 meyers on it now..