1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help With Boss Plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BigFord15, Jan 17, 2008.

1. BigFord15

BigFord15 Junior Member

I was trying to connect my plow earlier and i attach the wires and do the normal procedure to connect my snow plow. When i go out to the plow and hit the switch so the plow will move up and connect to the truck, i am getting no power and the plow seems to not be working. The controller has power but when wires are connected from the plow to the truck and i try to operate the plow with the controller, nothing happens. Can anybody help me with this problem? Like what wires i should check and if maybe somebody else has had this problem and knows how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

You need to check to see if you are getting trigger power to the solenoid under the hood. Sounds like it's not working.

Check the plug under the dash first then a test light on the small terminals of the solenoid while someone is trying the control to up or angle. Power to one terminal and that's ok. Check the ground wire off of the other small terminal. If you are getting a clicking from the solenoid when you hit up or angle but still nothing do a power check across the large terminals with a set of jumper cables. If still no motor operation then check your main ground from the plow. Should be connected directly to the battery ground.

Jerre

3. BigFord15

BigFord15 Junior Member

Now also when i turn the plow controller on it automatically goes into the float mode where the light is red on the up and down button. Everytime i turn the controller on now it is doing that without me actaully putting it into float mode, wut does this mean?

4. BigFord15

BigFord15 Junior Member

Thanks alot, i did everything you told me and it was the ground. I disconnected the main ground and cleaned it and reconnected and now everything works fine. I appreciate it.

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Your welcome. Remember BATTERY GROUND ONLY for the plow units.

Jerre