1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with boss plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DJ Contracting, Nov 17, 2005.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Ok i just came back from trying to hook up my Boss plow, (this is my first Boss plow) anyway i pulled up to the plow and hooked up the wire leads, then i tried to raise the bracket where the light are on with the switch on the side of the plow and it will not move, any ideas? Thanks anyway guys, but i found that i have to hold the down button untill the light turns red in order for me to operate the tower switch.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

DJ I did the same thing forgot to put the controller in the float position.

Good Luck Mike
  3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Sometimes i wonder about myself?
  4. Laughterman

Laughterman Junior Member

If you have the problem in the future and your control is set to float, you may have a bad switch or electrical connection. Have had the same problem with mine from time to time. If you can hear the relay click under the hood you could just have a bad power connection. I've had moisture get into mine from time to time. Just spray a little electric parts cleaner in the connections and then dry them with a q-tip. Then reapply some dielectric grease to the connectors and it works. If the relay doesn't click and you have cleaned all the connections it may be a bad connection on the switch or the switch itself. We take our plows on and off a lot and have had to replace one every few years. They aren't hard to do and only cost $7-8. We keep an extra one in the shop simply because the time you need it is when you can't get one for another five hours and you are already behind.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2005