1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with bidding

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by firebug130, Dec 10, 2008.

1. firebug130

firebug130 Member

I have never done sub work before, but have an opportunity this year. I met with the company that I would be subbing for today and they only want the job for the cutting, landscape, but the snow removal is part of the package. The owner of the company said he is not looking to make money off of the snow portion of the contract, but he must bid it as well. I have two trucks with tailgate spreaders that could do the job. Job is a condo complex. Job includes plowing at 2" and above, salting parking lots and calcium on sidewalks. Should I bid this out at my rates and what would be best way to bid salting? Do I bid out truck and man hours seperate? I normally don't do complexs like this. I have a few smaller parking lots that I have been doing for 3 years. I am comfortable with them and haven't really looked for any additional jobs in past couple years. I'm not looking for exact figures ( I have not measured lots, etc ), this was just presented today. Any insight would be great

My equipment includes 2 3/4 tons with 7.6 westerns and two sno ex tailgate spreaders.

Also, previos guy used atv's on sidewalks. I have 2 as well. What to charge for those as well as shovelers?