1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with bidding

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by hammerdstone, Oct 15, 2014.

1. hammerdstone

hammerdstone Junior Member

I was just looking for some advice and opinions of what the going rate would b to plow this lot and shovel and salt the walkway only , He wants a bid for the hole year , I have about 60 residentials and would like to pic this one up as a bonus. Thank you for your time guys

KOSTA AND VICS.jpg

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Square footage of lot? I'm going to guess around 35000-40000

Figure around 43560/hr production rate to clear it and multiply by your hourly rate, then by your snowfall averages. You average what, 18-20 pushes per season in Royalton?

3. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

here's a quicky SAMPLE estimate . I
    in NO WAY would I submit this with out physically walking it and meeting with the responsible person who cuts my check !

ice -2.................1600
    2.1-5................. 2400
    5.1-8................. 3200
    8.1-11............... 4000
    over 11.1 .......... 4000 + 266 ea addl inch over
    all material / labor incl.
    payment to be made 10 working days from invoice
    10% after 11 days
    service terminated after 20 days of non payment

cant wait for this one to be chewed on .

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

He was looking for a bid for the year.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

7,000.00 for the year,can't get much easier lot.

6. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

no can do , too risky for me . besides , im sure we couldn't agree to somewhere in the neighborhood of the mid 40's.

7. hammerdstone

Its not that big of a lot , and they just want the side walks shoveled and the side walks salted , I kind of want to break it down for him like just to plow it and then with the sidewalks and salting the side walks included separate Last year We pushed 30 times . its right in the middle of all my other accounts and i plow the pub across the street , I don't want to loose it for going to high but dont want to go to low . The hardest part about it is the stupid trees in the middle of every section , there's concrete around each round section , so just adds time.

8. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

I put 7k down in salt on a lot that size here last year. wheew.

9. grandview

Are we looking at the same lot?

10. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

question . can you manage or have the resources to clear 20'' off that lot in a timely manner ? if not , run forest , run

11. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

hope so . you guys is cheeeep up yonder

12. grandview

Where were you for the first 19 inches of snow?

13. hammerdstone

The lot is 25300 square feet ruffly , thats including the building so minus 4000 sqft...

14. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

I don't have a grand view of business . I look at the worst case scenario .
    salt shortages, consecutive ice storms , blizzards . this way , I don't get caught with my pants down . im properly compensated

15. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

its 60k sq. all day long . linear sidewalk area included

16. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

I don't sit in 1 spot all day long ..........and I sure aint attempting to clear it while its falling . id keep 1 vee running through the exits / entrances and critical areas

17. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

ONCE AGAIN there is no scope of work contract to follow here . so what we do it end up banging horns here .

theres more than one way to skin a polecat. when I do it theres no bones left . im in business to make a profit . not give it away or grab a mortgage check for february

18. grandview

Well I do know, if you tried doing it that way here, you will be sitting home watching cartoons all day.
    That lot is not even an hours worth of plowing.

19. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

GV. I agree with you. Check out some of this guy's other posts. He's posting huge numbers all over the forum saying we're ALL working to cheaply, acting like he's making huge money. I think he's a troll and full of it.

20. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

no scope of work here GV. we can beat this drum all day . I want 45k for the year . 4k up front w/ 4 monthly draws of 9k . if not , let the kids down the block have at it . BUT , PLEASE call me when theres 16'' tank traps there , im not coming with my vee's and what I come with is a minimum 1000.00 tow to get it there . trailered or driven . you get my drift GV. im spankin that account like a red headed bull . western union , paypal whatever you got , start punchin the keypad .

im going to start a thread in commercial in a few . stand by . I want to see them resi boys to chime in too . take care comb yer hair , over n out .

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014