1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with bid...

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by sdmaintenance, Oct 13, 2009.

1. sdmaintenance

sdmaintenance Junior Member
    from NH

Ok new here to the forum... been plowing for 4 yrs.
    I was recently awarded two banks in my area. They are very close together and have one drive-through. Each one has about 15 parking spots.They wanted a seasonal contract to unclude salt.
    I put my bid in at $5200 for both. Low and behold I got the bid... So what do you guys think? Did i bid it to low?
    Thanks!

2. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Stand by for thread relocation...prsport

3. Greenway

Greenway Junior Member

yes and no

It depends on how much time you think the properties will take you and the amount of salt you are planning on using for the season. If your salt is is more then 1/3 the cost and your plowing is 1/3 then you leave your self with a 1/3 profit. I mean 2600 per location just in salt your looking at roughly $833 in just salt and well thats only 5.4 tons do you think you can get by the season with only that? To me i think thats low but it depends on what area of the county your in and how much snow you averagly recieve