1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Bid?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Ground Control, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

Ok, I just got my plow and need some help with my first bid. I took some pictures of the parking lot. Any ideas how long it will take to do and/or ballpark what you would charge for something like this? Thanks for any help

2. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

Forgot the pics

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Well, this should be in bidding and estimating forum

But
    about 15-20 minutes (plow only, no shovel)
    Multiply that times your hourly rate.

4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

So at $125 an hour, you'd only charge $35 each time? That seems kinda low. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just wondering. It seems like that lot would be worth more like 65 at least. Am I right?

5. LoneCowboy

Yeah, I'd probably charge 50/60 bucks for that lot, depending on where it is for the rest of my route.
    But the first step of estimating is how long it's going to take.

6. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

commercial lot...

I would bid no less than $100 per push for that lot

7. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

Thanks guys.... its amazing the difference in price in different areas..... I was thinking about $55 I would guess that the prices are lower in my area than most of yours....i know its that way with lawncare....

8. LoneCowboy

I used to live in Montana, and Great Falls is even lower than Bozeman (Plus of course, you are going to get to do that lot a lot!!!) and yes wages and prices gotten are lower in Montana.

50/60 bucks is probably right.
    Besides, you never know what other work it may lead to.