1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Extreme Prop., Nov 17, 2012.

1. Extreme Prop.

Extreme Prop. Junior Member
    from 48356

Hi, need some help with this property. There is approx. 37,000 sq ft asphalt that is wide open & approx. 950 sq ft sidewalks. The problem I'm having is that this lot is 45min away from me. So I would have to figure on additional 2hrs round trip for drive time if the roads are a mess. I'm affraid that I will not be able to be competive with other companies,but i still want to put in bid because this is a zero tolerance lot meaning I would salt on a dusting. So I have come up with $400 to plow every 4" and $220 ton per salt. This seems high to me, what do you think? I'm
    located in michigan 1hr north of Detroit.

2. hosejockey4506

hosejockey4506 Senior Member

I would never travel that far.

I live in fenton and we have accounts in northern flint all the way to just south of brighton. 30 minutes each way. it becomes a pain in the butt when you need to get there for a clean up or some little problem.

3. Extreme Prop.

from 48356

Thanks for the input, thats what i was thinking all along. I was just thinking if the numbers where good it might be worth it.

4. Extreme Prop.

from 48356

Any other help would be great. Is the pricing way to high or maybe not even enough?

5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

There has to be enough work closer than that. I'm with hosejockey. I'd pass. Too many variables to cause a service failure.