1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with bid please

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clncut, Sep 11, 2004.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

This bid will be for 2 fire department lots. The lots are wide open with no obstacles (except for a 2 vehicles) and can push snow to many areas.

The first lot is 20286 sq ft
    The second is 22044 sq ft

I was thinking of bidding this as a per push contract or should I bill in inch increment snowfalls. I have mentioned earilier this is my first year plowing and could use some help on pricing this. Ive read 125/hr is common for plowing and was wondering how long these 2 lots may take to plow.

If I go with the per push contract should I bid the lot guestimating how long it will take to plow let say 3-6 inches of snow? Where do I start for per push bids. My residential driveways are per push but those are much easier and this is my first commercial lot and want to bid correctly.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. rainair

rainair Senior Member

commericial bidding

I bid time. that way I don't have to worry about dragging a yard stick to invoice them. I just charge a show up charge, then per minute there after.. so if they come out and hold me up or they call me and the lots full ... its time.. and time is charged figured at $125.00 per hour....

as a fire dept, I would give them a break, and show a donation of time [show the amount of donation in $$ for the account. at tax time.. same for churches..
    this is just my 2 c

3. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

anyone else?

4. CMerLand

CMerLand Senior Member

Rainair,

Personal services donated to any tax exempt organization are not tax deductible. If you wish to take a portion of their payment and then submit them a check, that would be tax deductible but trying to take a deduction for services performed would not be accepted by the IRS.

5. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

price per hour x time = bill

cnat get any simpler then that

6. rainair

rainair Senior Member

tax write offs ect

thats why I have an accnt, that takes care of that stuff... it pays off