1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with bid on private road

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Jake23rc, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

Have to bid a road that is 2 tenths of a mile long and a little over two car widths. It is for a private hoa. I have no idea. :confused:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Shouldn't take more then 15 minutes to plow it.

3. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

Grandview I was figuring about 15-20 as well just didnt know if the flat rate charge would be enough. ($65)

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like OK money to me. Are there private drives to plow also?

5. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

Naa just the street

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Hows the drift factor and can you get it far enough off to the side to keep it open for the season?

7. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

The street runs east west and has snow fence located on the east end. So great question. The road has excellent drop off ditches on both sides so it should be ok to keep open for the year.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Is just a straight in and out? No intersections? Sounds like a good job to me.

9. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

yep perfectly straight

10. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I would be jumping up and down for $65 for that! Around here it would go for $25 :rolleyes:

11. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

terrapro come on down we have plenty of work. Lets just hope we get the snow.

12. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I do a good majority of private roads around here. Typically 7 - 21 homes per ,ranging from 500' to 2 miles. I prefer them over anything so long as there either paved or in really good condition. Easy money.

I can tell you I charge a similar road at $1500 for the season with a blizzard clause over 10", $75 per 2" over & above. There is one small S curve, and it is dirt. Obviously were also in two different markets, but to give you an idea I average 90" at 18 events.

13. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Right on the money, just picked up a private road that is 4 tenths for $50 per push that has 9 driveways on it. 4 of the 9 are done with a tractor by one of the owners but I got the other 5. Previous contractor was fired because at the end of the season he wouldn't have enuff room for cars to pass each other. This is a nice easy road and was garanteed 4 of the 5 driveways. The homeowner with the tractor will also maintain the entrance if needed if I beat the county truck out there.