1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with bid in omaha sorry for dup post.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by zach5187, Jun 28, 2011.

1. zach5187

zach5187 Junior Member

I am new to the industry this year and would like to have at least one commercial snow account, they have a tiered system. I need a very competitive rate that is still going to make me money. As this is the idea behind the business. they have it in tiers. it ask for pricing for 2-4", 4.1-6", 6.1-8", 8.1-10", 10.1-12" and 12" or more and also a price for deice lot plus sidewalks!! Please help me with what would be competitive but low enough that i should indefinently get this. I am in omaha, nebraska. Thank you
  2. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Hello, nobody is going to be able to give you a price. We do not know your market,operating costs,profit margins, etc... Even if we did, you simply did not give enough information. How big is the property?? What equipment are you using?? Length sidewalks?? Do they need salt/calcium etc.... If you were to provide the dimensions and layout or even a google earth image, we could possibly help guide you as to how long it might take (then just multiply your hourly rate x time to complete service) and you could have a "ballpark guestimate" Like I said though, we don't know your costs, one guy might need $30/hr just to stay afloat while another guy might need just $25. Everybody will have different costs and different prices.

Hope this helps...
  3. tank99_999

tank99_999 Junior Member

what are you trying to bid?
  4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

First off Welcome aboard......May i suggest sub-contracting to a local company for atleast a year...This way you will be able to learn the ins and outs of Snow removal...Also look into joining SIMA..They have alot of useful resources for the Snow contractor...Production rates, contracts, Etc....Last thing you want to do is get in over your head and hurt your companys reputation right out of the gate,,,..One more thing...Use the Search feature on this site for anything you can think of..There is alot of Great info on this site.....Good Luck to You and i hope all gos Well.....:salute:....:drinkup: