1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with bid for moblie home park

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by T130, Jan 19, 2009.

1. T130

T130 Junior Member

This looks like i ll need a v-blade and piling snow is gona fill up fast.
    2,721 ft of street approx. 20 ft wide =54,420 sq. ft. i figured about an hour to plow . maybe have to come back a clean park areas after people go to work. prevous contractor is getting fired he only open a lane and never come back to clean- up . this job look a little tough with all the car parked on side of each street. I nomally charge $125.00 per hr. should i bump it up 1. middle of season 2. very tight

MOBLE HOME PARK.jpg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. dumb yankee

dumb yankee Junior Member

Just a thought, but you may have to start by cleaning up the other contractors mess. Give them a price for this then, a second price on what you think you can do the job for plus profit. Its though to finish a season that someone has started. It is what it is, and people are shoping for price and service.
    It dose sound like you have all the componets for the bid, but dont under estimate. The cars parked along the side of the road will have to be worked out with the park manager.

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I would guess it to take more like 2 hours. Only because each of the roads that intersect another road will take muck more time than you think to clear out. Further more, all the trips you will be making back there after each storm, and the fact that there is no place to put the snow. Let me talk myself through it here, but it might take closer to 3 hours total. I would also put some language in the contract that states a total number of trips back to clean up. If there are still cars in your way after the second trip, it's tuff for them, or an additional charge for you.

4. aus316

aus316 Member

:gunsfiring: I Myself Do A Trailer Park About That Same Size And Its About 2 1/2 Hours And All The Owners Pay Me For Is A 2 Blade Pass Down The Center Of Drives And The Entrance Ways This Owner Only Pays For A 3+ Trigger and Minimal Salt Use(I go Beyond That When The Residents Hear Me Making First Few Passes and Choose To Move there Vehicles And I Make The A Landing Pad Sit In)Other Wise Park Owners Consider It Open For Trash Trucks And Emergency Equipment:gunsfiring::gunsfiring:P.S With The Wings It Turns Out To Be About A 18 Ft Pass Open When I Am Finished

5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

i reccomend hourly with a cap so when people start moving their cars out of the way after your fifth pass you can just say you done...

so say $150 per hour with a 3hr cap

6. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Make sure you make enough for your trouble. There is a reason they are replacing contractor mid-season. Bad service or they thought he should do more for the same money. I would be concerned with all the cars, clearing parking spots could be a huge ordeal with packed snow and ice. Sounds like they are cheap and will be a problem so bid accordingly if at all.

7. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Hopefully it doesnt have speed bumps! if it does id walk away.

Also since its mid season my contract would be for the balance of the season plus next snow season !

8. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

I plow a 30 unit mobile home park and I told them there is a parking ban when it snows. No cars in the street!

I gave them frequency options...

X price for 1 plow after storm is over (this never works)

X price for 4 hour frequency during snow to maintain access plus cleanup

X price for 3 hour frequency...

X price for 2 hour frequency...

They chose the 3 hr frequency

I like time frequency triggers rather than snowfall triggers because you can plan...

midnight, 3Am, 6 Am, 9 Am etc

You make less on a long drawn out storm and more on the quick dump, plus if you get 2 inch per hour storms you basically can't leave to do other jobs.